All those who haven’t seen “The Bucket List” yet , watch it NOW. It is a brilliant movie that makes you want to live! And then you might want to check out this blog – “Bucket List Publications” These are a few lovely reminders that life isn’t just about breathing, eating, sleeping and so on. It’s all about living. Not just when you realize that you have too little time to live but when you are hale and hearty, capable of living your own way.
I have long since wanted to make a bucket list, but it just never happened. Until NOW. So, today, I take the courage to put some of my relatively attainable goals out in the public domain, making myself accountable to myself. Here I go, hoping to cross off each of these in this year.
- Move to a new place
- A DIY that is actually useful (Not just the art and craft kinds (which are lovely by the way) but the kinds that I may actually use)
- Visit Goa (I can’t believe I have never been there yet!)
- Take a class – and not a virtual one
- Cook (and eat 😛 ) at least five different cuisines
- Read at least five new authors
- Write more – online or offline
- Visit a new state in the country
- Visit a new country in the world
- An adventure sport that I haven’t done yet – that will exclude Bungee Jumping, White water rafting, Burma Bridge, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Tire Climbing
- Be healthy and lose weight – the most common resolution – yet the most difficult one
- Go on a few dates with my husband, not the regular movie and dinner kinds
- Set up a mini library
The inspiration for this post is Lesley Carter. If I can keep this up, maybe I will start with my more not-so-typical wishes. So far so good 🙂