I am back from the long hiatus imposed on self partly due to the busy schedule in the last three months and partly due to the inherent laziness I had tried so hard to keep hidden.
Anyways, befitting to the last day of this year, this post is meant to be a stock keeping of promises made to self. Let’s see what did I accomplish 🙂
- Move to a new place – Not just one, I moved to two different places in the year. The first one was to Mussoorie where I spent the most amazing 100 days of my life, for the foundation course at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration and the second one is where I am currently typing this post from, the place of my professional training and my home for the next six months, National Academy of Customs, Excise and Narcotics, Faridabad.
- A DIY that is actually useful (Not just the art and craft kinds (which are lovely by the way) but the kinds that I may actually use) – Accomplished, the use may depend on my Husband though 🙂
- Visit Goa (I can’t believe I have never been there yet!) – Still not done!! 😦
- Take a class – and not a virtual one – Not one, but so many! I got to study Law, Public Administration, History, Economics, Political Science and Constitutional Law, Management and Punjabi at the foundation course!
- Cook (and eat 😛 ) at least five different cuisines – Eating part was easily done. As for cooking, let us see if the following counts 🙂 In order – Chinese (Chilly Paneer), Continental (Omelette), Italian (Pizza and Pasta) and India (Poha) Cooked some more too, but don’t have pics 😦
- Read at least five new authors – Read Shashi Tharoor (Pax Indica), Ramachandra Guha (India After Gandhi), M.K. Kaw (Bureaucracy Gets Crazier), Michael Bar Zohar and Nissim Mishal (MOSSAD – The Greatest Missions of the Israeli State Service), Sundar (Dancing with the Maharaja – In the IAS Gullies), B Raman (The KaoBoys of R&AW), George R R Martin (Game of Thrones Series), J.D. Salinger (The Catcher in the Rye), Solomon Northup (Twelve Years a Slave), Malcolm Gladwell (The Tipping Point and The Outliers), Christopher Priest (The Prestige), Upamanyu Chaterjee (English August), Ashwin Sanghi (The Krishna Key) and a few more. Considering that I am unable to recall all the books I read, here is to next year’s resolve – will try to write a review of any book that I read as soon as I am done reading it 🙂
- Write more – online or offline – Well, my WordPress annual report says I wrote well enough for the first year in blogging. Happy but need more to do.
- Visit a new state in the country – Visited many 🙂 Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Sikkim, Karnataka, Orissa!
- Visit a new country in the world – Visited Bhutan this year. Hope to go to more countries next year 🙂
- An adventure sport that I haven’t done yet – that excludes Bungee, White water rafting, Burma Bridge, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Tire Climbing – Did river rafting, rock climbing that I have done before. Rappelling was the new one.
- Be healthy and lose weight – the most common resolution – yet the most difficult one – Managed to lose some kilos and a few inches, thanks to the PT and all the running around in the hills at FC
- Go on a few dates with my husband, not the regular movie and dinner kinds – Happened at a few times but ye dil manage more! 😀
- Set up a mini library – Work in Progress
All in all, I am glad at all that I did and look forward to another fruitful year!
Thank you everyone for helping me in some way or the other. And thanks to all those who were kind enough to stop by my posts, read and leave there valuable comments. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year!